Many Python applications require users to upload files. This can be a simple text file, a CSV file, or even a PDF file to be processed for further use. Or in some cases, it can be some sort of media files such as an image, audio, or video file to be transformed and uploaded to cloud storage such as S3 or Google Cloud Storage.
In such cases, you might want to track when a user uploads a file in your Python application and optionally notify you and your team when a user uploads a file. This way, you can always be aware of the activity in your application and take immediate action if needed.
Fortunately, here at LogSnag, we have created a powerful solution for this problem. LogSnag is a powerful, real-time event tracking tool that works seamlessly with any Python application. With LogSnag, you can set up event tracking for anything you want and track when a user uploads a file in your Python application in real time. In addition, LogSnag allows you to track user journeys and create a timeline of events for each user. This way, you can always track the activity of a specific user, such as when they have uploaded files and any other activity they have done in your application.
Setting up LogSnag
- Sign up for a free LogSnag account.
- Create your first project from the dashboard.
- Head to settings and copy your API token.
Python code snippets
To monitor when a user uploads a file in your Python application, you can use the following code snippet. Make sure that you have replaced the API token and project name with your own.
Using Python with http.client
Using Python with Requests
Python integration details
We believe that event tracking should be simple and accessible to every developer and team. Therefore, we have worked hard to create the next generation of event tracking tools. As a result, LogSnag is flexible and easy to use, making it a great companion for your Python applications.
In addition to real-time event tracking, LogSnag provides powerful features such as cross-platform push notifications, event filtering, user and product journeys, charts, insights, and more.
LogSnag provides a generous free plan to get you started with event tracking. You can also check out our pricing page to see our paid plans. So don't hesitate to give us a try and let us know what you think!
Other use-cases for LogSnag
- Monitor your CI/CD build status for your Python application
- Monitor your CPU usage in your Python application
- Monitor when database goes down in your Python application
- Monitor high disk usage in your Python application
- Monitor when a user changes their email address in your Python application
- Monitor failed logins in your Python application
- Monitor failed payments for your Python application
- Monitor memory usage in your Python application
- Monitor MySQL downtime in your Python application
- Monitor when a new feature is used in your Python application
- Monitor your Postgres downtime in your Python application
- Monitor Redis downtime in your Python application
- Monitor suspicious activity in your Python application
- Monitor when a user exceeds the usage limit for your Python service
- Monitor when a user is being rate limited in your Python application
- Get a notification when your Python code is done executing
- Send push notifications to your phone or desktop using Python
- Track canceled subscriptions in your Python application
- Track your Python cron jobs
- Track when a form is submitted to your Python application
- Track payment events via Python
- Track user sign in events in Python
- Track user signup events via Python
- Track waitlist signup events via Python