A common problem that we often face with Swift applications is memory leaks and the overall memory usage of our application. This is a significant problem when building applications that we end up deploying to the cloud either as a serverless function, container, or virtual machine. In such cases, memory usage can become a significant problem by slowing down our application, causing it to crash entirely, or increasing costs.
Therefore, monitoring our Swift application's memory usage and setting up a system to track when use goes above a certain threshold is essential. This way, we can always be aware of the performance of our application. In cases of a performance issue, for example, when the memory usage goes above a certain threshold, say 80 percent, we can take immediate action and fix the problem before it becomes a significant issue.
To do so, we have created LogSnag, a powerful event tracking tool that works seamlessly with Swift and allows us to track any event in our application in real-time. For example, with LogSnag, we can track our memory usage in real-time and set up a rule to notify our team and us when the memory usage goes above a certain threshold via push notifications. This way, we will always be aware of the performance of our application, and we can take immediate action if needed.
Setting up LogSnag
- Sign up for a free LogSnag account.
- Create your first project from the dashboard.
- Head to settings and copy your API token.
Swift code snippets
You can use the following code snippets to track memory usage in your Swift application.
Please don't forget to replace the
YOUR_API_TOKEN with your API token and update the project and channel names.
Using Swift with URLSession
Swift integration details
LogSnag is a powerful and flexible event tracking tool that works surprisingly well with Swift applications. It provides powerful features such as real-time event tracking, cross-platform push notifications, user and product journeys, charts and analytics, and more.
Connect LogSnag to your Swift application in minutes and start tracking events in real-time. LogSnag provides a generous free plan to get you started with event tracking. You can also check out our pricing page to see our paid plans. So please give us a try and let us know what you think!
Other use-cases for LogSnag
- Monitor your CI/CD build status for your Swift application
- Monitor your CPU usage in your Swift application
- Monitor when database goes down in your Swift application
- Monitor high disk usage in your Swift application
- Monitor when a user changes their email address in your Swift application
- Monitor failed logins in your Swift application
- Monitor failed payments for your Swift application
- Monitor MySQL downtime in your Swift application
- Monitor when a new feature is used in your Swift application
- Monitor your Postgres downtime in your Swift application
- Monitor Redis downtime in your Swift application
- Monitor suspicious activity in your Swift application
- Monitor when a user exceeds the usage limit for your Swift service
- Monitor when a user is being rate limited in your Swift application
- Get a notification when your Swift code is done executing
- Send push notifications to your phone or desktop using Swift
- Track canceled subscriptions in your Swift application
- Track your Swift cron jobs
- Track when a file is uploaded to your Swift application
- Track when a form is submitted to your Swift application
- Track payment events via Swift
- Track user sign in events in Swift
- Track user signup events via Swift
- Track waitlist signup events via Swift